Thanksgiving has come and gone and you know what that means…holiday parties are about to commence! This time of the year always results in a super duper BONUS for my closet and jewelry box. Oh yes, especially my makeup bag! In hopes of helping you achieve a great holiday look, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things that I’m using this season for a festive yet chic’ look!
My Favorite Things:
1. Chanel Le Blanc Moisturizer– Just in case you didn’t know well groomed skin is the foundation to achieving a great look period! For the past five years I’ve used the exact same facial moisturizer and upon moving to New York I decided it was time to branch out a bit and explore some other options. With the help of my spectacular friend, Molly LeBeau, we ventured all the way to Saks on 5th Avenue to the Chanel counter. Needless to say, but the experience was magical! I have always been a fan of Chanel thanks to my mom (I wear Chance by Chanel!) however price has always scared me away! Let’s just say that the Chanel Le Blanc moisturizer is well worth every single cent. It’s light, hydrating and relatively oil free. Within in two days of using this product, I could feel an immediate difference. My face was both smoother and brighter! So as you can guess…I’M HOOKED! Price: $130.00
2. Makeup Forever HD Primer– Holiday parties = lots of iPhone photos! Primer serves as a base before applying your foundation. In my opinion it creates a more even and polished look beneath the foundation. Additionally, primer highlights the face which is PERFECT for picture taking! And the best benefit of primer…helps your look last longer! It’s the makeup equivalent of hair spray. Every girl needs this in her makeup bag! Price:$34.00
3. Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid– It’s liquid shimmer…do I need to say more? I’m really into creating a “glow” effect, so I suggest that you take a tiny bit of liquid shimmer and mix it in with your foundation. This will help you achieve an even sparkle/glow effect. Price:$20.00
4.Lisi Maldives Blush– Blush is just another way for you to jazz up your look! This orange colored blush looks great on a variety of skin tones. It’s a nice color to use if you’re looking for a little spice instead of your traditional bright red or pink. Price:$7.90
5. Two Faced Bronzer–YES…more sparkle! I like this particular bronzer because it works really well with blending and contouring. Additionally, it’s a dual compact so you have two different shades to pick from. I suggest you brush this bronzer over the apple of your cheeks after you have applied your blush. Price: $29.00
6. Artistry Light Up Lip Gloss– This brand of lip gloss is the BEST of the BEST that comes with a variety of colors. Honestly, I think you could pick any color and you would find lip happiness (I have four different colors)! It’s lightweight with long lasting coverage. Oh and here’s the BEST part…it comes with a light up application stick, which is a dream come true for this girl! Price:$16.50
7. Lancome Fumee Eyeliner– Typically I don’t wear eyeliner or any eye makeup for that matter (with the exception of mascara), but I recently discovered Fumee by Lancome. It’s more of deep gray rather than a midnight black. This is the perfect color to use if you want to achieve a more subtle smokey eye. Price: $25.50
8. Essie Armed and Ready Nail Polish– I’m all about the dark nail polish trend! Considering it’s the holiday season I wanted to find a dark yet festive color. Armed and Ready is the perfect combination of dark and sparkly! All you need is two coats and you’re ready to GO! Price: $8.00
P.S. If you click on the name of the product it will automatically take you to the site where you can purchase it! Wanted to make the potential shopping process a tad easier for you.
And speaking of favorite things, you should listen to John Coltrane’s rendition of this classic song! It is truly one of my favorites. I’ve listed the YouTube link for your listening pleasure: My Favorite Things by John Coltrane