I must admit…I’m loving the fur trend and I hope that it NEVER fades away. I feel like we are living in olden days when it was considered “normal” for a woman to regularly wear fur. I would give anything (well, not just anything…lol) to experience the fashion of that era. Just imagine…walking into Bergdorf Goodman’s on 5th Ave in the 1950s to purchase a lush piece of fur, a bottle of Chanel perfume and a pair of black stilettos by Roger Vivier. Oh, the splendor. Now that I’m done daydreaming, let’s get back to this wanderlust Get The Look Thursday…say hello Vintage Fur, my absolute most favorite #GTLT to date with imagery by Kimberly J. Photography!
I snagged this fur stole from Grandma’s closet a few years ago and I do believe it was gifted to her from my Aunt Yolanda, who passed away about 10 years ago. Aunt Yolanda was pretty fabulous. She was always dressed to the nines…bright lipstick, big earrings and fabulous wardrobe statement pieces like this piece of fur. I couldn’t help but think of her while styling this look!
The Drew Berrymore skirt. If you don’t know the story, then check it out HERE.
After 3 months of keeping an extremely careful eye on these BCBG booties, I was able to snag them for $20 bucks from TJ Maxx (originally priced $150/ TJ Maxx markdown $69.99). Definitely a great buy if you ask me! And not to mention they are perfect for both fall and winter.
Henri Bendel, you can do NO wrong in my book! Thank you for creating such luxurious accessories. I truly believe that you are the “GO TO” candy store for all accessories!
Delicate Raymond’s 30-inch vintage monogram necklace and Mirenesse lipstick have become two staples for me this winter. My outfit just feels complete on a whole new level when I have these two things on!
I really enjoy mixing textiles. I absolutely love the contrast of the fur, lace and leather. Also, I think the color combination works nicely. Extremely different, but in a good way!
Today’s #GTLT (my new hashtag…what do you think?) moral is two part:
- When you have a free moment, please watch Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s on Nextflix! You’ll better understand my daydreaming rant and also be inspired in the most “fashionable” way EVER!
- Go to your grandmother’s closet, find something unique, and ask her if you can have it! You’ll be surprised how fashion-valuable some of her things are. I’ve managed to snag this wonderful piece of fur and a few pieces of jewelry from my grandma and they have become some of my most favorite statement pieces.
Now…back to daydreaming for this girl! Until next time.
Get The Look Details:
- Fur stole (family heirloom)
- H&M Turtleneck
- Banana Republic Skirt
- BCBG Black Booties
- Ray Bans Aviator Sunnies
- Cato’s Clothing Clutch
- Michael Kors Gold Watch (discontinued style)
- Delicate Raymond Vintage Monogram Necklace
- Henri Bendel Jeweled Bangles and Deluxe Hand Me Down Stackable Rings
- Mirenesse Glossy Lip Color (shade: flirty kiss)
- Photography and Editing by Kimberly J. Photography